Wednesday, 13 September 2017
You may need to lodge a tax return even if your taxable income is under the tax free threshold.
Below are some common reasons why you may need to lodge:
- Pay as you go (PAYG) was withheld from your wage during the year
- You had a reportable fringe benefit amount on your PAYG payment summary
- You had reportable employer superannuation contributions on your PAYG payment summary
- You have made a loss or can claim a loss in a previous year
- You received franked dividends
Please click on the link below to find out whether you need to lodge a 2017 tax return:
Wednesday, 6 September 2017
Late payment of your taxation liabilities will generally incur ATO General Interest Charges.
The interest rate is currently 8.73% per annum and will change to 8.70% from 1 October.
For further information and historical rates see the below ATO link: