A problem area for many small businesses is in relation to meeting their various employer obligations.
The ATO has a series of Webinars for small business to assist in meeting these responsibilities accurately and on time.
Some of the topics covered include:
Single Touch Payroll
- payroll procedures
- reporting requirements
- determining if a worker is an employee or contractor
- knowing what payments and how much to withhold from
- how and when to report and pay withholding to the ATO
- how and when report withholding to employees
- determining when superannuation is payable, and the amounts due
- superannuation choice rights for employees
- how to calculate superannuation
- how to report and pay superannuation liabilities
- introduction to Fringe Benefits Tax
- FBT rates and requirements to lodge a FBT tax return
For more information please see the following from the ATO:
Please contact Fiona Cook, Andrew Marshall or Janine Orpwood at Langley McKimmie Chartered Accountants on (03) 5427 8100 to discuss further.
We provide accounting and wealth management services to clients in Woodend, Gisborne and Macedon Ranges areas within Victoria Australia.